Saturday, August 22, 2009

Writing Takes More Than Fingers

I have been away from Dwell & Cultivate for a couple of days. It wasn't my original intention to do so, but ministry happens at the speed of life. And writing takes more than fingers.

Now, before any of you imagine me sitting at my Macbook attempting to type with my toes, that's not what I'm talking about. Good writing, the kind that pulls the reader to the printed word, contains some emotion. Joe Friday would say, "Just the facts, ma'am; just the facts." But, while I'm certain that Joe was concise with his Dragnet police reports, I question whether we would have read one of his novels (not that he wrote any!).

So, my lack of posts for the past few days has been purely because my emotional writing well was dry. Yes, they were those kinds of days.

But I plan to be back tomorrow. I am always honored that you take time to read.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I agree, Sam. Some days I have a million things to say and other days there's nothing.

Unknown said...

Who could have more empathy for me and a mom of a preschooler with another coming soon! Thanks, Lara.