Tuesday, August 18, 2009

When Life Goes "Tilt"

One of my friends recently walked into his workplace and was told to go home. After years of faithful service in a management position, he was simply sent away. Another of my friends is in jail because she won't divulge information -- information she says she doesn't know. (I have known her a long time and I believe her.)

I heard last night of yet another young woman who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is the fourth within my circle (and the only one I don't know personally) diagnosed in the past six months. Still another friend has to be in court today -- defending himself for something he didn't do.

I could go on. I am amazed at the pain just in my little corner of the globe.

"3 He was despised and rejected—
a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief.
We turned our backs on him and looked the other way.
He was despised, and we did not care.

4 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried;
it was our sorrows that weighed him down."

(Isaiah 53:3-4 New Living Translation)

No comments: