Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Light In Haiti's Darkness

Just over one week ago, we started this communication journey as we turned our hearts toward Haiti. Here is what I wrote in that first post...

Would you pray tonight for Haiti? I am drawn to the following verses…
16 The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. And for those who lived in the land where death casts its shadow, a light has shined."
17 From then on Jesus began to preach, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near."
Matthew 4:16-17 (New Living Translation)


This morning I received a message from Edward Veloz, a pastor friend of mine from Santo Domingo, DR. Here is what he wrote...

Hey brother.. check the post from a Pastor from Haiti... just talked with Pastor Vijonet from Haiti on the phone and he asked me to share this: "if anyone is sad about Haiti - tell them God is in control and now there is a spiritual movement... people are crying, worshipping, and praising God! There is hope, spiritually!"

5 comments:

Dina said...

What better news than this to come out of Haiti!
Sam, I would also like to thank you for your encouraging words the other day on my blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dina!

Ranelle said...

Oh my word, that is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing his letter with us.

C. Beth said...

I have been praying that verse--this is great!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sam. It is wonderful to be reminded of God's hand even in all that devastation.