Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Less Than

In a perfect world, people wouldn't show up at my office to ask for financial help because they had misspent their money on things not necessary.

In a perfect world, people would not choose to be lazy, then expect others to pay for them.

On the other hand...

In a perfect world, people who have been blessed with opportunity, ingenuity, and creativity in perpetuity would not hoard their money and spend it all on themselves.

...........

The poor would work hard.

The blessed would give generously.

Everyone would have enough.


In a perfect world.

3 comments:

C. Beth said...

It is so hard to know how to react in this IMPERFECT world, isn't it? I'd like to think I'm the perfect combination of responsibility, wisdom, and generosity. Unfortunately, the only thing that statement tells you about me is that I'm idealistic!

C. Beth said...

(And unrealistic, if I think I'll ever perfectly achieve that balance.)

Unknown said...

Yes, Beth, but it's worth working on!