Friday, May 29, 2009

I Never Saw...

...but I did see....

I never saw the breeze blowing, but I did see the movement in the tops of the pine trees.

I never saw the tiny nest that sheltered their fragile eggs, but I did see the hummingbirds moving daintily among the lantana in my front yard.

I never the person it came from, but I did see the vibrant teenage girl who is alive because of her heart transplant.

I never saw the faces of seven people who leaped out in faith and -- in 1945 -- started the church I pastor...

...but I did see the joy of a man who came to the church with his grandparents when he was a little boy -- and now he brings his grandkids to church;

...and I did see the happiness in a 7-year-old girl as she talked to me about Jesus by quoting Scripture verses;

...and I did see the resolve of two fun-loving guys in their twenties who came back to church because they are raising their families and know they were on the wrong path;

...and I did see the fierce spiritual passion of three teenagers... two of them graduating from high school this week... two of them in our church their entire lives... and all of them wanting to make a difference in their world.

3 comments:

C. Beth said...

Wow, beautiful stories, beautiful post.

CHEWBARKA said...

Hopefully, we'll ALL see... eventually.

Scott said...

Thank you Sam.