Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Day She Left Me Alone

Full of fun and frolic -- that's what I was.

Full of pressure and work -- that's what she was.

So she walked out.

It's not what you think. "She" was my mom. The lady you may have read about on Sunday.

We were making the bed.

My bed.

As she shook a sheet to let it fall into place, I kept putting my arms in the way.

My bad.

She finally warned, "If you do that one more time, I'm walking out and you can do this by yourself!"

I did.

She did.

I never forgot the lesson.

I have some take-aways from the experience.

What do you think I should have learned?

3 comments:

C. Beth said...

Hopefully you learned to never disobey your mother again. Then you were a perfect child and your home was blissful and full of peace.

Or maybe I'm just projecting my desires for MY child onto you. And I bet it's just as unlikely to come true for her as it was for you! Oh, well, I can dream.

Isabella said...

...always listen to your mother?
...a bed won't get made with your arms in the way?

I'm sure your lessons went a little deeper than these. :)

Anonymous said...

...a few moments of fun aren't a good trade-off for a half hour of making a bed BY YOURSELF !

...treat a person who is doing something for you with kindness, respect and appreciation, unless you want to do it YOURSELF!