Monday, January 5, 2009

Something To Crow About

aka My Life's Pecking Order.

Growing up on the farm has certain advantages when it comes to understand how certain -- er -- things work. That may be part of the reason I have remembered with a smile the pillow cases Cathy and I received as a wedding gift.

We think the pillow slips were cross-stitched by Cathy's paternal grandma. We are almost sure they were given to us by one of Cathy's aunts. Either way, they were part of the fun -- and the lore -- of our early years.

We did the right thing with that memorable gift: we used them. Until we used them up! They were nothing but a great memory...

...until this Christmas! I may be the only guy (don't worry -- I received one or two things with rechargeable batteries, too!) in the country who received pillow cases!

Voila! The 2008 Cathy rendition of our wedding pillow cases...


By now, you're probably wondering why I think of these pillow cases so fondly. As Paul Harvey says, here's the rest of the story...

First, MY pillow case...


Then, Cathy's!

8 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

The photos aren't coming through!!

My mom gave my daughter a pillow case for Christmas last year- hand stitched with butterflies. It's beautiful and I will cherish it forever and hope Teagan does as well.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the picture mistake. My fault. Looks like I got it right this time.

C. Beth said...

Those turned out great!!

beckiwithani said...

Did Mom make those? Very funny!

Cathy said...

I did make them. He had no idea - was lots of fun!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Love these so much :) I will have to think of something equally witty for my husband's birthday... we need new pillowcases ;) I promise to share whatever I come up with...

Unknown said...

Thanks, Rachel. Cathy and I look forward to your creative adventure.

Sandy Carlson said...

Very Cute and fun gift. Cathy is very talented!