Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand...

...words of concern!

That picture I posted here yesterday unleashed a flood of comments, both on this blog and over on Facebook.  One friend told me that I'm loved, even with a cork in my nose.  Another friend warned me NOT to make that my Facebook profile pic.  Many friends just wrote to wish me well.  Thank you!

I seriously considered posting a picture today of Brad Pitt or George Clooney, then asking if I look better now.  :)  The truth is that the "cork" is out, removed by my Dr.  The bleeding hasn't re-occurred.  I have been given some medication changes.  AND I have made some minor "lifestyle" adjustments to minimize my risk...which primarily means I can't blow my nose.  'Nuff said!

I mentioned to Cathy last night that I was surprised by the outpouring of concern over my situation.  When I entitled yesterday's post, "When I Don't Understand", my lack of understanding was not so much about the nosebleed.  It was about the timing of it all and the cancellation of my trip to perform a wedding.  To be honest, I'm still struggling with that.

I'm still trusting God, too!

Thank you ALL for being so kind.  I'm honestly overwhelmed by you!

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Ok I'm so sorry for what happened to you . Since the bleeding hasn't re-occurred I think you will be fine real quick! That's my prayer for you! Yes cancellation of the trip could be a real pain.
Ok here's a fun quiz hope you will enjoy it -
Your Health Quiz
How healthy you really are?
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/yourhealth/yourhealth_instructions.asp

Jailer said...

You've been a little quiet on the blog since this happened, Sam. Praying all is well with you.
Jailer