Sunday, July 5, 2009

He Would Be Proud

I wrote on Memorial Day and the day after about my friend Pete Yount, a Harrier pilot who gave his life as he did his job to protect our freedom. With joy I looked up on Sunday to see Pete's widow, Janet, and their two daughters walk into church. They are visiting from the East Coast.

It was a wonderful end to our Independence Day weekend that Cathy and I joined them for dinner on Sunday evening. They continue to amaze me with their sweet spirits and love for life. Pete's two daughters are growing into beautiful young ladies.

When I see them, I think of the resolution I made when their daddy died. I, along with several other guys, made quiet commitments that we would always be available to offer what we could, trying to be an example as Christian men. Pete would have done that for any of our families.

It's tragic that their dad isn't here to see them as we saw them yesterday...

...but he would be proud!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a wonderful blog today. have a great week at kids camp :-)