Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Meaning of "Fishing"

First, a personal note to my sister Vicki, who kindly hoped I would have better luck fishing than our dad did. She obviously remembers the times he didn't catch much, but I tend to remember the times he did great and I remember the smile fishing brought to him -- it was a way he truly relaxed.

And my fishing? Well, I drove about 900 miles round trip to fish one day and my luck wasn't any better than dad's (on his bad days), but...

1. I got to spend three days with about 20 great guys from our church. I don't know some of these guys all that well and I really enjoyed it.

2. I stayed in the motor home with my accountability partner LJ and we had a super time to think about our lives. He's a tiny bit older than me and we both told story after story about our lives up 'til now.

3. I saw some of the most beautiful country on the planet and it rained and it was COOL. The daily highs were in the 60s. It's 109 at 5:30 Saturday afternoon as I write this back at home.

Cathy's cooking fish for supper. She probably bought it at the grocery store.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats what its all about isnt it! Glad you had a great time. :-)

C. Beth said...

Sounds like a very successful fishing trip!