Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Say Hi For Me

We had four services Easter morning. I'm still trying to recuperate. I met people before and after them all, but it was like a blur by the time I arrived home.

I'm mentally sorting out the details now. And I remember my two little friends who caught up with me mid-morning. Abby and her sister Allison were grinning in their Easter dresses. As I remarked how pretty they were, their mom reminded me that they had been to Disneyland since I talked to them.

"Say 'Hi' to Mickey," I had said.

They did. They told Mickey Mouse that Pastor Sam says, "Hi!"

Made my day!

6 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

The relationship between congregation and pastor is so important... as evidenced by these girls carrying on your message!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Liz. I agree.

Scriptor Senex said...

Just thought I'd say Hi to Pastor Sam - just to let you know that even though I've not commented much on your blog recently I'm still visiting and enjoying.

Rachel Cotterill said...

I want to know if Mickey said 'hi' back..?

C. Beth said...

Rachel--Don't know if you've had a chance to meet Mickey in person, but the big Mickeys at Disneyland never actually talk. As a child, this is frustrating! So there's lots of, you know, waving, thumbs-up signs, and hugs.

Unknown said...

Hey Scriptor, thanks for checking in. I'm always grateful to hear from you.

Rachel, I think Beth answered your question, but I'm sure Mickey was thinking, "I wish I could say "hi" back!" :)