Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Messing, Blessing

My friend Randen turned 5 years old recently. Red-headed, rambunctious and raring to go -- that's Randen! I have enjoyed lots of smiles as I watch his parents raise him. He even got the "youngest volunteer" award at our Volunteer Appreciation Event this year. He's a blessing!

But Randen's dad told me the other day that Randen vomited all night. I could tell from his dad's eyes the lack of sleep. What a mess!

The journey I'm on is right now filled with both blessing and messing. I am praying to respond with grace during both.

After all, Jesus did.

4 comments:

C. Beth said...

I'll keep praying for you, dad. Not fun when life vomits all over us, even if there is also some blessing involved....

Ox said...

Your on my heart and in my prayers.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I'm praying for you, Sam! My pastor spoke several months ago of embracing the hard times and even getting to a point where we trust God enough to turn to Him and thank Him for handing us a problem. I'm not there yet... at least not with everything. But I hope you find the thing in this problem that you can thank God for.

Unknown said...

Thank you Beth and Ox. Liz, I'm already thankful for the way God is providing through this. Also, I'm praying for your husband.