Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sometimes, I Feel Like A Nut...

...because, well, I AM a nut! Those of you who read Dwell & Cultivate on a regular basis know that I often tell some goofy story about something in circle of family or friends. I frequently tell our staff or volunteers that, if I'm not giving you a hard time, something must be wrong.

It will really be outlandish to some of you to hear that, last Sunday I read the following verse..."As Scripture says, 'How beautiful are the feet of the messengers who announce the Good News.'" (Romans 10:15 God's Word) The outlandish part is that I wanted people to see it!

So I asked everyone to remove their shoes and socks, then look at their own feet as I read it. Fortunately, we live in a warm climate and our Sunday weather was gorgeous! In fact, a few of the bravest ones are already jumping into their backyard pools -- unheated pools!

I can imagine the horror some of you feel as you read this, but please listen for a moment... I doubt if anyone present will ever read that passage the same again! The vote was near unanimous: nobody considered their feet their most attractive feature.

Until I told them about strange sounds in the middle of dark nights in the country when my daddy would start down the hall to check on us. I could hear his feet hit the floor and immediately felt comforted!

So, my fellow fear-feeling friend, remember the gospel of the Beverly Hillbillies..."Sit a spell. Take your shoes off!" Remember, "Where God’s love is, there is no fear, because God’s perfect love drives out fear." (1 John 4:18 New Century Version)

"Ya'll come back now! Y'hear?"

No comments: