Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Salute

I have used Saturday reruns of my previous blog posts to give me a weekly break from the creative cost of writing. While occasionally I have brought back a page that new readers appreciate, I have discovered it's not necessarily an effective way of providing great material for your reading enjoyment. Soooooo...

I will, at least for a while, introduce you to blogs I am coming to enjoy. Like many of you, I didn't read blogs very much until I started writing one. Writing, though, has begun to introduce me to some friends from various places. And I am deeply grateful for these budding friendships. Therefore, I will -- on Saturdays -- give you a chance to read some of the words of these fascinating people.

My first pick is from Scriptor Senex. Scriptor regularly (and often with profundity) comments on Dwell & Cultivate. Please take a moment to read his profile, then read this post from but one of his blogs.

Get ready to laugh!

4 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

Having been introduced as someone who sometimes 'profoundly' comments I loved the choice of posting to point to. Prior to clicking I was wondering which profund thought it would be!!!
Thanks, Sam.
All the best to you and yours.
SS

beckiwithani said...

Great pick, Dad!

I want to give you a suggestion for a future pick. Take a look; it's really hilarious. The post on top right now (about not doing what we know is right) is excellent. And the author uses a lot of satire; I especially like this post.

Chris Bowers said...

Hey Sam, Thanks for the link! I'm on way over right now.

Sandy Carlson said...

Loved the picture on Global Warming. That's hillarious!